Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Black and White do not make Brown

So that terrible excuse of an author, Dan Brown, is at it again.  Now, that's not very fair of me, I've never read his books.  They are a danger to my Catholic soul and I refuse to read them.  I know he's a terrible excuse of an author because of his faithful following.

You know the kind...The ones that as soon as you say the name of their "Almighty" they get that possessed gleam in their eye, that strange smile, and they continue their mantra to you "It's just a story...It's just a story..."

Is it really?  Not be cynical of a cynic, but if its just a story, then why bother with such filth?  There are other fictitious works  that are far more worth the time.  Of course, this is all conjecture, but I know in my heart that is true.

I think its because people that find this novelist to "just make stories" want in some small way to believe more in what Dan Brown is saying.  He slams the Church, and with the help of his secularist friends, is quite the bandleader in doing so.  I think the deeper issue here is that those Catholics who try to convince me that what Dan Brown writes is just a story are putting themselves at risk.  Either the Church is one giant scandal as trumpeted by this bafoon, or its real.

In other words, all that Dan Brown writes is either "just a story" or the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic, Faith that we profess to believe is just that...Its just a story.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patty, I hadn't heard that he has come out with a new book. He sure has set the Catholic Church in an uproar in the past and he's doing it again? I wonder if he is even a Christian?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "In other words, all that Dan Brown writes is either "just a story" or the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic, Faith that we profess to believe is just that...Its just a story. "

    A thought worth pondering....

    ReplyDelete