Tuesday, September 4, 2012

And the seasons...

Here it is fall already.  What a whirlwind time in passing it has been.  With the ups and downs of life, I have not forgotten you, my dear readers.

It's been a hard summer.  Mike and I found out that we were expecting this past Mother's Day.  We lost the baby at 8 weeks after a very hard first trimester.  So many questions in my mind.  Such a sharp pain on my heart.  We had prayed after our last miscarriage (last year in August).  We had tried to take care of our health issues, to wait it out until I could heal from my last miscarriage.  We had waited on the Lord and trusted in His goodness to provide for us this new lovely soul.  I was thrilled when I found out that I was pregnant.  Even when I was sick and often found myself in bed, I took it as a blessing to have these waves of morning sickness.  I would lay there and pray over my unborn baby, just happy that he was there, present with me.  My womb is so lonely now...

I've gone in for testing.  I'm hoping for some answers.  I would not feel comfortable trying to get pregnant again without having something more substantial.  If that means in my discomfort I must trust the Lord for a miracle, as no answers are available, well...I'll cross that bridge when I get there.  We continue to try to get healthy as a family.  I've started running, which I never thought in a million years I would do.  What a great release it is from the daily strains of life.  I have a great group of friends, a great support network of loving and faithful people who have desired to see me grow.  It is so hard somedays.  Somedays it is all too easy.  But this journey is far from over...

I'm hoping with the start of this new schoolyear that I will be writing more.  I hope to see you on the blogosphere as well, my dear readers.  Please leave me a note and let me know that you're all doing well.

2 comments:

  1. Patty, I am deeply sorry for your losses and am praying for you and your husband (and your little angels).
    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Patty, I have missed your presence on the blogosphere but thought it was due to a busy family life. I'm so sorry for the loss of your babies. No words can bring comfort except that they are with God and Our Blessed Mother. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete