Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A shout out to Melody!

So my friend and fellow blogger, Melody from "Blossoming Joy" has been tackling the erroneous publication in Our Sunday Visitor "Homeschoolers sometimes at odds with dioceses" head on.  She's been doing a fantastic job, and I recommend to all of you to read her insights, her responses, and her prayerful witness to homeschooling (and if you have enough time to waste you could read the article linked above as well;).  Melody continues to be a source I wish to emulate.

On a lighter note, and in need of a little comedic relief, I realized that I've never posted this fantastic video.  I give it as a shout out to Melody, to my homeschooling friends, and to those who have a sense of humor (you know who you are!)  Keep up the great work, and finish up with school!  It's summer for Pete's sake!!!  LOL!!!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this video! My kids think it's hysterical and go around the house singing it...geeks that we are...lol.

    Thanks for the encouragement, too. I believe that homeschoolers are one of our Church's richest resources (just like Fr. Hardon always preached) and aught to be promoted and defended.

    God bless you and your homeschool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty, I'm back I learned that I needed to update to Google Chrome and then all problems were resolved. I missed commenting on your blog! I'm so glad I came to visit today because that video is hilarious1

    I've also read Melody's post on the disparaging remarks made of homeschoolers. That priest is probably feeling the pressure of the lack of enrollment to the Catholic Schools and wants "to blame" homeschoolers, which is utterly ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete